Coach Kathy Butler
BTC Tuesday and Thursday Morning Training Group
BTC Coach Kathy Butler is our Tuesday and Thursday morning group coach and offers weekly and monthly training programs to suit your lifestyle and racing schedule needs.
Kathy was a two time Olympian for Great Britain (2004, 10000m) and Canada (1996, 5000m), competed in 15 World Cross Country Championships including a 4th, 11th and 12th individual place finishes as well as Team Bronze in 2004 and was a 5 time NCAA Division 1 Champion for the University of Wisconsin. Kathy was also successful on the track and road competing in 4 Outdoor, 1 Indoor and 1 Road World Championships as well as 3 top 10 finishies in the Chicago Marathon.
Currently Kathy is the head coach of Nederland High School where she has coached 11 individual and team state champions and is the Co-Founder of Indian Peaks Running in Nederland which is a year round club with programs for athletes of all ages and abilities. Kathy coaches athletes all over the world including Colombia, Canada, Great Britain and various places in the United States. These athletes compete in cross country, track, trail, road and mountain running.
Kathy also likes to give back to the sport by helping educate up and coming coaches. She is an instructor for USATF Level 1 coaching education courses which take place throughout the US.
Kathy’s exceptional running back ground combined with her current coaching success, make her a perfect fit for the BTC to further build on it’s training group options and deliver a standard of excellence that our members have come to expect.
- 5km: 15:28
- 10km: 32:24
- Marathon: 2:28:48
- 1500m: 4:07.68
- 3000m: 8:40
- 5000m: 15:05
- 10,000m: 31:36
- IAAF Level 5 Endurance Coach
- USATF Level 1 Instructor
- USATF Level 3 Endurance Coach
- USATF Level 2 Sprints, Hurdles and Relays Coach
- Coached 2012 Canadian Half Marathon Champion
- Coached member of British team for European Mountain Running Championships
- Stanford University Volunteer Coach 05-07
- University of Wisconsin Volunteer Coach 1998 – 2004
- USATF Level 1 Coaching Certified
- UK Athletics Level 2 Coaching Certified
- European Cup Champion 2001
- Goodwill Games Bronze Medalist 2001